Saturday, July 26, 2014

Rejected or Redirected

One of the situations I was dealing with over the break was rejection. It came at me hard and strong. It wasn't new, it was an old rejection. One that I had already dealt with and really thought was behind me. Well now, This was truly a chance to see if it was behind me and healed or if there was still a piece of it sticking out that the enemy could get me to bite onto!

You see I can't have a reaction if the thing is healed can I?

Chloe example:
Like my Golden Retriever,  Chloe's face right now has a hot spot with a scab on it.
I am waiting for it to completely heal over, otherwise she keeps scratching at it and it can get infected all over again.

Do I follow the path rejection wants to lead me down? Where does rejection take you???
It takes me to some ugly places.
Insecurity and not enough, bitterness followed by judging, feeling shame..or fragmented, 
like if I can only get them to change up, I can get that piece of me back, fragmented. That is not wholeness in Christ.

So in this situation facing an old rejection again, I sensed the Holy Spirit whisper. "Do you really want to go there? Isn't that part of the "old" stuff? Our new path doesn't head in that direction...will you let me re-direct you in this old rejection?  Will you let me take you to a new place with this hurt?  Can we do something new? Something different?  Will you give up self protection, at least just for today?" I was faced w a choice. Like I say to my young girls. : "we always have a choice"

Will The Lord still love me if I choose the path of rejection and the resulting pain? Yes He promises to never leave me or forsake me in both the New Testament and Old Testament.
Heb 13:5 and Deut 31:6.

But I felt myself intrigued and desiring something different for my heart this time around. I know where the old path leads ...been there done that! He wants to show me a new possibility with an old rejection. God doesn't see our problems the way we do...He sees new possibilities.

So it hits me. The choice is:
REJECTION OR REDIRECTION 
I can trust Him because His possibility will not be negative because we are told that in Christ all things are Yes and Amen.
2 Cor 1:20 For all of God's promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding "Yes!" And through Christ, our "Amen" (which means "Yes") ascends to God for his glory.
I am also reminded that if I choose His path it will always lead me to victory...not just a little.
2 Cor 2:13-15
" But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph [as trophies of Christ’s victory] and through us spreads and makes evident the fragrance of the knowledge of God everywhere, for we are the sweet fragrance of Christ [which exhales] unto God, [discernible alike] among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing"
What does that sound like to you? It sounds like a float in a parade to me!  He leads us in triumph on a float in a parade and it's covered in flowers with his fragrance and He has a special seat for me on that float! It's fantastic!  Look at Eugene Peterson's version of this verse in the Message bible.
2 Cor 2:14-16
"In the Messiah, in Christ, God leads us from place to place in one perpetual victory parade. Through us, he brings knowledge of Christ. Everywhere we go, people breathe in the exquisite fragrance. Because of Christ, we give off a sweet scent rising to God, which is recognized by those on the way of salvation—an aroma redolent with life."
You see the enemy has me measured for my coffin as he was very clear about his plans when he spoke through Jobs wife, "curse God and die"
Job 2:9 "
His wife said to him, "Are you still trying to maintain your integrity? Curse God and die."but God has me marked out and measured for my seat of victory on the float!
 Eph 2: .And raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.…"

Let's do some business with the old rejection and let's choose the new re direction down His path.
If you are like me and sick of rejection leading you down an ugly path ...then sisters let's pray together right now.

Assume the position...hands raised, palms open in a place of surrender and ready to receive from The Lord:

Lord I take authority of a spirit of rejection that has been determining too many lives and hearts in this room right now for Jesus sake:

I reject rejection out of my life and heart
I refuse to follow rejection down that old path
I receive your redirection Abba, which comes with promises
Promises of new life
Promises of new hope
Promises of victory in Jesus
Promises of love and acceptance.
Amen

Holy Spirit I sense your joy and your excitement over us, your girls
Seal this work in us and whisper your reminders all throughout the next days and weeks to come.

Proclamation for June 2014...let's start making proclamations over our life and our identity.

We are no longer victims of rejection, we are victors being redirected!

Love,
Keely

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Keely-love, love-God is in your words blessing me, here or at the mailbox! XO

    ReplyDelete

Please send me your thoughts, prayers and comments!